Week 4 of the NFL season begins Thursday with the Green Bay Packers facilitating the Chicago Bears in a NFC North standoff.The Vegas line is Packers – 7, which means Vegas thinks Green Bay will win by a touchdown. It has fallen a half-point from the opening line of Packers – 7.5.The over-under, or add up to number of focuses Vegas thinks will be scored in the amusement, is 45.5.Before you make any wagers on Packers-Bears, you’ll need to hear what SportsLine Stat Geek R.J. White needs to state.
A week ago, White revealed to SportsLine perusers to pound the Bengals +8.5 at Green Bay and nailed his forecast: “Aaron Rodgers is as yet going to win this amusement at home, yet it’ll be nearer than individuals anticipate.” The Packers won by three, yet it took additional time and they neglected to cover.
Incredibly, it was his thirteenth straight winning single out Packers diversions against the spread. Truly – he has nailed 13 picks in succession for or against Green Bay.
Some portion of his prosperity: White has a long time of experience breaking down NFL measurements and patterns, dating the distance back to Super Bowl XXV. He completed in the main two percent in the country’s most esteemed crippling challenge and has his heartbeat on NFL spreads.
Presently, he’s going for 14 Packers wins consecutively on “Thursday Night Football,” and he’s sharing his pick over at SportsLine.
White knows Rodgers has been particularly beneficial at home (58-15 record with a 108.8 QB rating) and against the Bears (14-4 record, 4,417 yards, 38 touchdowns, nine capture attempts).
He additionally knows the Bears rank 21st in net yards for every endeavor through three recreations and haven’t dealt with an interference this season.
However, that doesn’t mean the Packers cover. The Bears simply beat the Pittsburgh Steelers in additional time and scrambled for 220 yards. Running back Jordan Howard had 138 of those and discovered the end zone twice.
What’s more, the Bears’ quality is the Packers’ shortcoming. Green Bay positions in the base third of the group in run resistance (113.7 yards for each amusement), so White anticipates that Chicago will assault the Pack with Howard and Tarik Cohen.
So it’s nothing unexpected White is inclining toward the under on “Thursday Night Football,” however shouldn’t something be said about the spread, which he has made his name picking?
He knows there’s a basic detail nobody is considering that at last decides the point spread champ for Bears-Packers. What’s more, he’s sharing it over at SportsLine.
So which side should you back in Bears-Packers on “Thursday Night Football?” Visit SportsLine now to perceive what basic detail figures out which side you should be everywhere on, all from the master who has nailed his previous 13 Packers picks, and discover.
5 THINGS TO WATCH
1. SHORT SHRIFT: Both groups are falling off additional time amusements played in 80-degree temperatures. They could hold two downsized rehearses in light of the fact that the need is getting the players’ bodies arranged to play two recreations in five days. McCarthy is 8-2 in short weeks, including 2-1 against the Bears. The Packers have more wounds to manage and could be down to a couple of undrafted free specialists at both handle positions in all out attack mode line. McCarthy held a short work on concentrating generally on drills on Tuesday and 60 minutes since quite a while ago unpadded hone on Wednesday. “We’ll be prepared to play Thursday night, I can guarantee you that,” McCarthy said. “No doubt, they played a hot amusement, they played in the sun. We had the sun behind us for 75% of the diversion, I’m trusting that they’re to a great degree got dried out.”
2. POUND THE ROCK: The Bears beat the Pittsburgh Steelers a week ago notwithstanding going for only 84 yards and finishing one go to a wide recipient. The Steelers played zone scope against quarterback Mike Glennon and challenged him to toss it downfield. Bears mentor John Fox wouldn’t let him and Glennon essentially played registration football. Glennon completed 15 for 22 for 101 yards and a touchdown with an interference. Running backs Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen consolidated to convey 35 times for 216 yards (6.17 normal) against a Steelers barrier that was permitting 3.3 yards for each convey. “They’re focused on it, clearly as quite a bit of a dedication as any group in the association at the present time,” guarded facilitator Dom Capers said of the Bears running amusement.
3. MANO-A-MANO: While the Steelers played generally Cover 2 against the Bears, the Packers are a man-scope group and they’re probably going to see this amusement as a chance to weight Glennon and cause turnovers. However, they’re best influencing out of their “nitro” bundle with safeguards Josh Jones and Morgan Burnett close to the line of scrimmage. Playing that guard is a hazard against a Bears group willing to run the bunch together the gut down after down. On the off chance that guarded handle Mike Daniels plays, the Packers may have the capacity to influence it to work, yet without him, they may need to play two inside linebackers on early downs. “We have a variety of bundles and, you know, we imagine that bundle gives us a considerable measure of adaptability as far as matchups and those sorts of things,” Capers said of “nitro.” “And if individuals begin running the ball fundamentally on us, at that point we have different things that we can go to. However, as I remain here I don’t feel like we can’t stop the come up short on that resistance.”
4. Dangerous FINGERS: The Bears safeguard has been astoundingly niggardly, particularly given the offense has turned the ball more than six times, including once at its own 35, once at its 16, once at its 13 and once at its 7. Of the six touchdowns the Bears safeguard has permitted, half originated from those turnovers. The Packers have made a decent showing with regards to controlling the ball – they rank fourth in time of ownership – and have six touchdown drives of at least 70 yards. Something will need to give between a safeguard that doesn’t surrender long touchdown drives and an offense that spends significant time in them. “They will challenge your pass ideas,” McCarthy said. “You can’t go out there and run the same plays from week to week, that is without a doubt. They’re crude, they’re extreme.”
5. Circled: Is this the week running back Ty Montgomery gets 20 conveys? Up until now, the most he’s conveyed the ball in a diversion was 19 times (versus Seattle) and he’s averaging only 13 for every diversion. The Packers rank 23rd in the group in yards per convey at 3.5 and Montgomery is averaging only 3.0. Youngster Jamaal Williams has conveyed five times for 21 yards (4.2). The longest keep running of the season by a running back is 8 yards. Quarterback Aaron Rodgers has topped that three times on scrambles. New kids on the block Aaron Jones and Devante Mays still can’t seem to convey the ball. Perhaps this is the week they get included.
Perspectives OF THE GAME
In light of the Packers’ damage circumstance, I truly need to pick the Bears, however I think no less than one of the two beginning handles will endure the diversion and that will be sufficient to isolate the two groups. It will be two depleted groups by the final quarter, so profundity will be basic. Packers 31, Bears 27
The Packers have been squashed by wounds at handle yet may get back David Bakhtiari (hamstring), which would be huge. Newbie Josh Jones added some playmaking to the Packers’ resistance, yet the Bears will test the nitro’s capacity to stop the keep running with backs Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen. The figure here is the run resistance will be sufficient. Packers 28, Bears 21
The Bears’ barrier is sufficient to give the Packers a few issues, however Aaron Rodgers will figure out how to complete it for the second in a row week — paying little respect to who plays left and right handle. Packers 23, Bears 20
On the off chance that left handle David Bakhtiari doesn’t play Thursday night, the Packers could lose. They’ll most likely have an aggressive diversion against the Bears notwithstanding. Be that as it may, on a short week, one group has Aaron Rodgers at quarterback. Alternate has Mike Glennon. Also, the group with Rodgers is playing at home. Expect the two-time MVP quarterback to influence enough to plays for a triumph. Packers 21, Bears 17
Aaron Rodgers and the offense won’t have a simple go of it, however they ought to have the capacity to set up enough indicates at home outpace a Bears group whose lone triumph went ahead a day when their quarterback tossed for 101 yards. On the off chance that the Packers’ nitro guard can hold up against an intense Bears surging assault, they should win. Packers 23, Bears 17